Udev fb[0-9]* permissions

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 17:59:18 PDT 2006

On 10/14/06, Mark Rosenstand <mark at borkware.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 15:57 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you supply a diff of the shipped udev rules vs. udev-config
> > so we can see just how much of an issue we have?
>
> Personally, I copy everything in the SUSE directory, then overwrite with
> all the example rules, which currently means everything except
> 50-udev-default.rules and 64-device-mapper.rules is overwritten.
>
> Try a "diff -ur etc/udev/suse etc/udev/rules.d" to understand why I'm
> doing so. I have a seperate file for the modprobe magic and one for alsa
> since those aren't provided by either.

I know how to do the diff. I'm asking you to do it and convince me of
the change because I don't think there's anything wrong with the
current arrangement.

Also, I'm confused on what you're asking to do. Do you want to use the
rules in etc/udev/rules.d or etc/udev/suse? For udev-101, it seems
there isn't a 50-default.rules currently, so you must mean the suse
rules.

--
Dan