Install udev-config docs

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 19:05:39 PDT 2006

Now that Bryan has documented the udev rules, I was thinking that we
should install them. They're much better off on disk then in the
tarball.

We could just add a command to the book to do it, but then I figured a
Makefile would be nice. So, I've attached a diff that adds some simple
Makefiles to the udev-config directories.

The usage would be:

make install # installs rules in /etc/udev/rules.d
make install-doc # installs doc files in /usr/share/doc/udev-$(UDEV_VERSION)

The sucky part is that I couldn't figure out how to query the udev
version from the installed files, so it's just a hardcoded variable in
the Makefile. This might not be so bad, though, since this value would
also indicate which udev version the rules are compatible/tested with.

Thoughts? The Makefile details can definitely be changed. I just want
to see what people's thoughts are on the installation.

--
Dan