Install udev-config docs

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 15 02:36:48 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 10/14/06, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> >
>> > Thoughts? The Makefile details can definitely be changed. I just want
>> > to see what people's thoughts are on the installation.
>>
>> You ought to consider /usr/share/doc/udev without the $(UDEV_VERSION).
>> I don't think the documention will change with every iteration of udev.
>
> I thought about that. The reason I didn't do it is because we're
> already installing the writing rules html file in
> /usr/share/doc/udev-&udev-version; so it seemed silly to create
> another directory.

I know it looks like a bit of a hack, but what about if the
'install-docs' target just copied the files to /usr/share/doc/udev-*/?
If we put the 'make install-docs' command after the instructions to
install 'Writing Udev Rules', which gets explicitly installed into
/usr/share/doc/udev-&udev-version; then we should be OK, no? (the only
issue here is if folks upgrade Udev over the top of an existing
installation, then there may well be both /usr/share/doc/udev-101 and
/usr/share/doc/udev-102 directories, for example.

Regards,

Matt.