vsftpd was Re: Upgrade to Linux-2.6.18

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:31:33 PDT 2006

On 9/28/06, Jim Gifford <lfs at jg555.com> wrote:
> Found the second on besides Dan's util-linux one. Vsftpd, caused by the
> syscalls being removed from unistd.h, anyone got any ideas.
> gcc  -m64 -c sysdeputil.c -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow  -idirafter dummyinc
> sysdeputil.c:162: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before
> 'capset'

Hey Jim. I don't know if you ever figured this one out. I'm not nearly
cool enough to solve this the real way, but I looked at sysdeputil.c.
I think one "solution" is to install libcap, which provides
sys/capability.h. Then it will skip the whole _syscall2() call. libcap
is here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.4/

I haven't tested it, but it looks like it would do what you needed.
The comments there suggest the same.

--
Dan