LFS-Stable-6.2: duplicate udev rule file number (minor issue?)...

Kris van Rens krisvanrens.list at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:34:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm working my way through the LFS-6.2-stable book and found this:

In section 7.13.1 (Creating stable names for network interfaces); the
reader is told to create a udev rule for the network card by doing:

cat > /etc/udev/rules.d/26-network.rules << EOF

I found that there is a udev rule '26-modprobe.rules' already; I'm not
sure how this works out as the filenames are different but the priority
number for udev is the same. It might just be so that either one of them
is neglected.

I could only find out that udev handles 'multiple files in lexical
order' but to me it's not clear how exactly this is meant.

-Kris