31 patches and counting

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Oct 29 18:29:16 PST 2006

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Alexander, I know you submitted a lot of the patches upstream last
> time.  If you could provide an update on the outcome of those
> submissions I'd appreciate it (though I realise you, too, are very busy).

There is no update in their upstream status. The vim mandir patch needs
significant reworking (as in: make it a ./configure fragment that
autodetects the correct setup) to be acceptable upstream. Support for at
least 10 kinds of proprietary Unix systems is required, and I have
access only to Linux, FreeBSD and OpenSolaris (ssh accounts are
welcome). The patch is correct only for LFS, although the problems exist
on other systems too. And there are unsolvable disagreements (upsream
demands that the correct setup is autodetected, which is impossible at
least on Linux).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov