Greetings and a General Cleanup

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 31 07:05:02 PST 2006

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> George Boudreau wrote:
>> I see. You will create a custom book, LFS + BLFS-lite, and run jhalfs
>> against the new book.
>
> Well, calling the additions "BLFS-lite" would be a big stretch :) Just
> enough tools to read the book, copy-paste commands and get online.
>
>> The book would remain as a reference with the included lynx package as
>> a reader. This CD would create a bootable, network ready install?
>
> Yes, although this will not become the official LiveCD (because of the
> failed "doubles as a rescue CD" requirement and because it won't work on
> my system due to LVM). This CD was originally intended as a bad joke.
> But let it happen :)

   yes.. variations on a theme are valuable exercises. You seem to have
your developers cap on.. soooo

    1. Why not a USB based system, save those CD's for coasters.

    2. Incorporate the Puppy-Linux cdrom (yes.. cdrom) write-back
capabilities to create a user customizable CDROM.

    3. Absolute minimum compile environment (CLFS bootstrap method) with
network tools for a pure network build.

    Just some idea that have been floating around