proposal for inclusion of e2fsprogs in chapter 5

Julio Meca Hansen lydianknight at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:32:16 PST 2007

As the wiki states, either e2fsprogs or udev needs to be installed in
chapter 5 if we're going to include the util-linux-ng package.

After analysing the matter a bit, I've been testing with the
installation of e2fsprogs in chapter 5, this set of commands:

mkdir -v build
cd build

../configure --prefix=/tools --enable-elf-shlibs --disable-evms
make libs
make install-libs

will accomplish the tasks, it gives me no errors during compilation and
in chapter 6, I can install util-linux-ng without problems, not anyone
as far as I've been able to observe.

hereby I would like to recommend its inclusion in chapter 5, so we can
get rid of ticket #2077.

Julio