Stable LFS LiveCD 6.3-r2160 released

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Mon Dec 31 02:29:01 PST 2007

On Montag, 31. Dezember 2007, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The problem is that translated books are not available for LFS SVN, so
> development versions of the CD cannot include them.

That's true. But wasn't your original mail about Stable LiveCD?

> Spanish and German
> translations of LFS-6.3 are indeed available in the HTML format.
> However, translated books are not available in the XML format.

At least the german one is.
I didn't check other translations but I wonder how others do the translation,
when there is no translated XML file?! Maybe they just don't release the XML?
Or they are not using the xml2pot <-> po2xml toolchain, then we should
explain it to translators somewhere to acquire a more efficient translation
workflow.

> And the
> last: there were at least two issues with inexact translations in the
> past on #lfs-support (e.g., a translator forgot to remove an
> instruction that tells to apply now-obsolete patch),

I'm curious: Was this with the german translation? I ususally check my
translations twice to avoid such a mess.

Thomas