Stable LFS LiveCD 6.3-r2160 released

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:50:13 PST 2007

2007/12/31, Thomas Reitelbach <tr at erdfunkstelle.de>:
> On Montag, 31. Dezember 2007, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
> > The problem is that translated books are not available for LFS SVN, so
> > development versions of the CD cannot include them.
>
> That's true. But wasn't your original mail about Stable LiveCD?

Yes, it was.

> > Spanish and German
> > translations of LFS-6.3 are indeed available in the HTML format.
> > However, translated books are not available in the XML format.
>
> At least the german one is.

Sorry, indeed, I missed this
(http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/lfs-de/6.3/lfs-6.3-xml.tar.bz2). However,
it is not compatible with jhalfs, so there is no automated way to
validate the translation for absense of command differences as
compared to the English version.

> I didn't check other translations but I wonder how others do the translation,
> when there is no translated XML file?! Maybe they just don't release the XML?

AFAIK, they just translate HTML pages manually.

> Or they are not using the xml2pot <-> po2xml toolchain, then we should
> explain it to translators somewhere to acquire a more efficient translation
> workflow.

Yes, good idea.

> I'm curious: Was this with the german translation? I ususally check my
> translations twice to avoid such a mess.

No, it wasn't.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov