LFS Wiki UserNotes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:55:25 PST 2007

One thing that has worked out very well in BLFS is having the Notes
area of the Wiki where people can collect extra tidbits of
information.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/BlfsNotes

The LFS Wiki doesn't have the same level of organization. It'd be nice
if we could do something like that. What prompted this was Chuck Rohde
describing how to update the timezone info from a newer glibc release
than what you have installed.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2007-February/032433.html

I'd like it if he'd put that info on the Wiki, but I don't know where
to tell him to put it or how anyone would be able to find it.

Is anyone interested in setting something up for LFS? I'd be willing
to put the infrastructure in place. Following further, would anyone be
interested in setting up User Notes links in the book like in BLFS
with dedicated pages for each package in the Wiki?

--
Dan