LFS Wiki UserNotes

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 2 15:12:44 PST 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 22:55, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2007-February/032433.html

Wow, that's very useful information indeed.

> I'd like it if he'd put that info on the Wiki, but I don't know where
> to tell him to put it or how anyone would be able to find it.

There's a Table of Contents on each page, so I guess a link in there is as
good a place as any.  Is 'Notes' descriptive enough?

> Is anyone interested in setting something up for LFS? I'd be willing
> to put the infrastructure in place. Following further, would anyone be
> interested in setting up User Notes links in the book like in BLFS
> with dedicated pages for each package in the Wiki?

Yes, I think that sounds like a sensible idea.  Does blfs-book get notified
when the Wiki pages are edited?  The reason I ask is that I don't want
editors to have to periodically trawl though the Wiki to monitor if there is
any useful information that can be merged back into the book.  If Wiki edits
were to trigger an email to lfs-book, that'd be great.

Regards,

Matt.