LFS Wiki UserNotes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:25:45 PST 2007

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Does blfs-book get notified when the Wiki pages are edited?

I don't think Trac has that capability yet.  IIRC, version 0.11, now in
beta, is supposed to have that capability.

> The reason I ask is that I don't want
> editors to have to periodically trawl though the Wiki to monitor if there is
> any useful information that can be merged back into the book.

What we did in each section of BLFS was put a link to the appropriate
page in the wiki.  For instance:

User Notes: http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/mitkrb

Its formatted in a slanted, slightly smaller text from the rest of the
book and the link is underlined blue as usual.

That way an editor only has to look at one specific page when reviewing
a section.

  -- Bruce