LFS Wiki UserNotes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:33:03 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Hey Bruce,
>
> When I login to the LFS wiki (and sometimes BLFS), Trac keeps dropping
> my credentials periodically. So, I click the Login button and
> authenticate. Then I change to a new page and I'm no longer listed as
> logged in above the taskbar and I can't do anything requiring
> privileges. If I hit the Login link a couple times, it will
> re-authenticate me without me adding my username/password again.
>
> Any idea why that's happening? Do you see anything in the logs?

I looked the trac configuration and the apache setup and both LFS and
BLFS are identical except for appropriate file and directory
differences.  There were some things that I was doing earlier today to
the httpd.conf file, but that didn't have anything to do with trac.

Trac logging is not enabled. I haven't seen any of the problems you
describe, but there was a  change I had to make to the BLFS trac config
a little bit ago (was it today?).

I also wonder if it might have something to do with network or cookie
problems.

Let me know if the problems recur and I'll look at it more.

   -- Bruce