LFS Wiki UserNotes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:19:21 PST 2007

On 2/2/07, Barius Drubeck <barius.drubeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, it is indeed a problem specific to supporting and
> maintaining ancient systems with ancient glibc, thus temporaly far
> *beyond* LFS, and therefore has little to do with a fresh LFS build
> of a new system.

Actually, this isn't a problem specific to supporting ancient glibcs.
In this particular case, we're talking about timezone data that was
updated between glibc-2.3.2 and glibc-2.3.6, but the timezone data can
be updated at any time. If there's an update to the timezone data now,
is my glibc-2.3.6 considered ancient? Even if you have glibc-2.5, it
doesn't mean you have the most current timezone data.

--
Dan