Reply: RI: Re: Default filesystem

liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Sat Feb 3 10:06:25 PST 2007

<----Messaggio originale:---->
Da:	Dan Nicholson <lfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org>
Inviato:	sabato 3 febbraio 2007 18.43
A:     LFS Developers Mailinglist <lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
Oggetto: Re: Default filesystem

Hi.

(Sorry but sending mail through ISP page so don't worry about formatting)

I'll try to be as clearer as possible.

While building LFS there is a step: creating the filesystem on the partition.
In LFS book there is e2fsprogs package installed.

Dan, as you said, the filesystem to choose is a personal choice.

Let's say I choose reiserfs; I can't manage it with e2fsprogs, so the base system
should include reiserfsprogs package to manage filesystem.

There is no optional added step, but simply a "potential" base package needed added.

This led me to the "conclusion" or perhaps more correct "thought" that
file-system tools should be more appropriate in LFS book instead of BLFS,
because the file-system is not optional but for file-system type there are options.

Friendly,
Luca