Reply: RI: Re: Default filesystem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:15:06 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it <liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Let's say I choose reiserfs; I can't manage it with e2fsprogs, so the base system
> should include reiserfsprogs package to manage filesystem.
>
> There is no optional added step, but simply a "potential" base package needed added.
>
> This led me to the "conclusion" or perhaps more correct "thought" that
> file-system tools should be more appropriate in LFS book instead of BLFS,
> because the file-system is not optional but for file-system type there are options.

I see what you're saying. Ch. 2.3 should be clearer that if you want
to use an alternate filesystem, you need to make sure you add the
correct tools to Ch. 6. Or, maybe the note should come in the
Introduction in Ch. 8 - Making the System Bootable. Or, maybe the note
should be on the e2fsprogs page. Or all of them.

--
Dan