LFS Wiki UserNotes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 12:37:37 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Barius Drubeck <barius.drubeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thinking practically, what are the odds of more than one major tz
> change during the lifetime of an LFS book version?  And how portable
> is the tz update procedure from one book version to another?  IMHO,
> those two questions ought to be considered in choosing the optimal
> format and placement of the procedure.

Like this zoneinfo update to glibc in November?

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-cvs/2006-q4/msg00319.html

I'm not sure how portable it is across glibc versions. I think it's
just data, though, and could probably be safely updated. I believe it
comes from the tzdata tarballs here:

ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

--
Dan