Changing chroot environment in LFS 6.2 gives error

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 00:06:16 PST 2007

On 1/30/07, avik sengupta <avik13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am facing a problem regarding LFS 6.2. After installing all packages
> successfully when I came to " Entering the Chroot Environment " & give
>     chroot "$LFS" /tools/bin/env -i \
>      HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
>     PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
>     /tools/bin/bash --login +h
>                                               this command
> it produced an error
>
>     chroot: cannot run command `/tools/bin/env': No such file or directory .
>     But there is a file inside /tools/bin/ named env.

My guess is that "No such file or directory" is not actually the real
error. I think that it's probably trying to execute /tools/bin/env
from inside the chroot, but it's bombing immediately and the shell
interprets that as not existing.

What's the output of this command:

$ readelf -l /tools/bin/env | grep ld-linux

It should be
      [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

I think that some or all of the programs in /tools have not been built
correctly following the toolchain adjustment in Ch. 5. They should be
using the dynamic linker in /tools (/tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2).

--
Dan