Readline Nitpick

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 5 22:08:40 PST 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/06/07 00:02 CST:

> Could these permissions vary with a user's umask?  When entering the
> chroot, we blow away the user's environment, but is the umask inherited?

Not sure, but because these permission issues were first reported
by me, and now some seem to be fixed upstream using my *exact* same
installation (coinciding with the book's instructions) methods, I'd
lean to this is simply something changed upstream.

You could probably browse through the logs/makefiles and see exactly
what is going on, but I'd bet a Coke that you can rely on my log
files as being something that happens to all installations.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
00:05:00 up 27 days, 19 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.03