Proposal for an LFS-6.3

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 06:10:22 PST 2007

On 2/7/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I propose that we announce a plan to release LFS-6.3. It sure would
> make life easy over on the BLFS side with this 6.2 branch we have
> that targets LFS 6.2. An LFS 6.3 release would eliminate the need
> for us over in BLFS to maintain the 6.2 branch.
>
> It's been about six months since 6.2. Thoughts from others?

One reason I'd like to get a release cut is because when gcc-4.2 comes
along, there are going to have to be some big changes to the build.
It'd be nice to have one last release with the beaten path
instructions that we have.

But, the current SVN needs a lot more testing before anyone can say
that it's ready for release.

--
Dan