Proposal for an LFS-6.3

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 07:41:24 PST 2007

On 2/8/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 02/08/07 08:27 CST:
> > Robert has put together a patch with updates from the
> > upstream 2.5 branch. We may want to apply some or all of it:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/glibc/glibc-2.5-branch_update-1.patch
>
> But that is for the 2.4 branch, right? Not saying we need it or
> not, just identifying that I remember that it was for the old
> kernel series. Or am I mistaken?

No, this is for 2.5. He just uploaded it the other day. One of the
major fixes in there that needs to be in the book is the first one
listed in the ChangeLog. features.h exports the GLIBC_MINOR macro as
2.4. Whoops.

Potentially, there could be a 2.5.1 with these fixes, but I kind of
doubt it. I read on the libc-alpha list a couple months ago that Jakub
Jelinek is in charge of the 2.5 branch and any release decisions will
be made by him. Maybe they'll put together a 2.5.1, but recent history
would suggest they'll just roll along to 2.6. Ulrich Drepper said on
the same list that these releases are following Fedora's release
schedule.

--
Dan