Proposal for an LFS-6.3

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 11:05:25 PST 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 06:52, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I propose that we announce a plan to release LFS-6.3.It sure would
> make life easy over on the BLFS side with this 6.2 branch we have
> that targets LFS 6.2. An LFS 6.3 release would eliminate the need
> for us over in BLFS to maintain the 6.2 branch.

Anything that helps everyone's sterling efforts over in BLFS-land is fine by
me!  I'd like to get GCC-4.1.2 and at least some of the Glibc fixes in.  I've
not even had a chance to look at that patch yet.  I think we can then declare
at least a toolchain package freeze, and if testing with those upgrades
enables it, a full package freeze.

I'll go through Trac and reassess milestones and such like tonight, but I
think a 6.3 release within 1 month is feasible.  Does everyone else agree?
Now that I'm more or less settled down in my new place, I'd like to don the
Release Managers hat again if nobody else objects?

Matt.