Problems rendering the book
matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 11:17:57 PST 2007
On Thursday 08 February 2007 18:22, M.Canales.es wrote:
> I'm waiting 1.72.1 release to start working on the update. Also, the DTD
> need be updated to 4.5.
As we've now got a fair number of tickets concerning rendering of the book,
how does the following approach sound?
1. Wait for BLFS-6.2 to be released - we don't want to be screwing with
Quantum's rendering infrastructure so close to a release. It'd also be nice
to have the DocBook-4.5 instructions in BLFS and installed on Quantum
according to them. I'll try and get a BLFS book patch together for that
2. Upgrade to DocBook-4.5 DTD (#1893). This should just be a trivial `sed'.
It shouldn't directly affect our HTML or PDF output so is the easiest/safest
change to get in.
3. Upgrade to DocBook-XSL-1.72.1 (no Trac ticket). I'll leave this up to
Manuel, though I really should try and get my head around XSLT one of these
4. Upgrade to Fop-0.93 (#1947). Again, this will be largely/wholly dependent
on Manuel to fix up any rendering issues that crop up.
5. Move to DocBook-5.0 (RelaxNG) for XML validation (#855). This is a way off
yet, but will require a fair bit of work on all the individual XML files.
Does anyone see any issues with the above plan, aside from its distinct lack
of timescales :-) ?
More information about the lfs-dev