Proposal for an LFS-6.3

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 11:28:52 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:05:25PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Anything that helps everyone's sterling efforts over in BLFS-land is fine by
> me!  I'd like to get GCC-4.1.2 and at least some of the Glibc fixes in.  I've
> not even had a chance to look at that patch yet.  I think we can then declare
> at least a toolchain package freeze, and if testing with those upgrades
> enables it, a full package freeze.

 Any news on the expected release date of 4.1.2 ?

 I try not to look at the detail of glibc if I don't have to.
Certainly, it ought to be calling itself 2.5.  On clfs Jim has
prepared a "somewhat larger" patch (about 1.6MB) - most of it is
translation updates for various locales, but there are some
bugfixes, some general changes, and some arch-specific changes -
even for i386.  I haven't built that version on x86, but it looks
worth considering.

ĸen