Problems rendering the book

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Feb 8 11:53:13 PST 2007

El Jueves, 8 de Febrero de 2007 20:17, Matthew Burgess escribió:

> 1. Wait for BLFS-6.2 to be released - we don't want to be screwing with
> Quantum's rendering infrastructure so close to a release.  It'd also be
> nice to have the DocBook-4.5 instructions in BLFS and installed on Quantum
> according to them.  I'll try and get a BLFS book patch together for that
> tonight.
>
> 2. Upgrade to DocBook-4.5 DTD (#1893).  This should just be a trivial
> `sed'. It shouldn't directly affect our HTML or PDF output so is the
> easiest/safest change to get in.

That's a non-brain update. The model contents changes don't affect us.

> 3. Upgrade to DocBook-XSL-1.72.1 (no Trac ticket).  I'll leave this up to
> Manuel, though I really should try and get my head around XSLT one of these
> days.

DB-XSL-1.72.1 should be released at the end of this month. Depending on how
intrusive the needed changes will be, count one-three week to have the new
stylesheets almost ready.

> 4. Upgrade to Fop-0.93 (#1947).  Again, this will be largely/wholly
> dependent on Manuel to fix up any rendering issues that crop up.

This is an unknown variable. This first issue is to can install it properly
(not tried yet).

> 5. Move to DocBook-5.0 (RelaxNG) for XML validation (#855).  This is a way
> off yet, but will require a fair bit of work on all the individual XML
> files.

I'm anxious for doing that update to can remove all that
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude" bloat, primarly from CLFS
sources ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia