Dev book images are missing

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:58:39 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/08/07 19:04 CST:
>
>> But that makes the book dependent on another package.  Larry put the
>> images for BLFS into subversion in May 2004.  I never noticed before
>> that LFS did it differently.
>
> Didn't we just have this discussion? Or one similar? Seems we did.
> However, my take is that the images shouldn't be in subversion, but
> we should be getting them from the XSL Stylesheets.
>
> Yes, now I remember we discussed this. And I'm convinced that since
> we know that the stylesheets will be present (to render the book),
> we should use the ones we know are already on disk.
>
> 1) We don't have to piggy-back the images along as they are already
>    available on disk.
> 2) The images are updated in our book as they are updated in the XSL
>    stylesheets.

Well, I don't recall the conversation.  The images have been in BLFS svn
for almost three years and the revision log says they've never changed
(although the properties have had two unnecessary changes).

It looks like the BLFS Makefile was updated in rev 2121:
 05/07/04 20:42:12  	larry  	updated stylesheets to 0.9

  -- Bruce