Dev book images are missing

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Thu Feb 8 19:18:35 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 02/08/07 19:04 CST:
>
>> But that makes the book dependent on another package.  Larry put the
>> images for BLFS into subversion in May 2004.  I never noticed before
>> that LFS did it differently.
>
> Didn't we just have this discussion? Or one similar? Seems we did.
> However, my take is that the images shouldn't be in subversion, but
> we should be getting them from the XSL Stylesheets.

I oppose. If we keep images in Subversion, one would be able to render the
book on non-LFS machines (e.g. Debian) without overriding the image location
in the Makefile. DIY-linux does keep images in CVS. OTOH, if one finds out
how to use the existing (pre-installed) images without hard-coding their
location into the Makefile, this objection will become moot.

And, while we are discussing the XML topic, I would like someone to look at
this file from DIY-linux and tell me if this is a valid BLFS XML setup
criticism:

http://cvs.diy-linux.org/index.cgi/*checkout*/refbuild/README?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

--
Alexander E. Patrakov