Dev book images are missing

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 8 23:53:54 PST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 01:04, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> The easiest way would be to create a trunk/BOOK/images/ directory in
> subversion and populate it with the images.  The LFS Makefile right now
> does:
>
> cp $(XSLROOTDIR)/images/*.png  $(BASEDIR)/images
>
> But that makes the book dependent on another package.

I'm not sure I understand this argument, Bruce.  Rendering the book is already
dependent on DocBook, DocBook-XSL (and a specific version at that), libxml2,
libxslt and Fop, for PDF output.  The XSLROOTDIR is overridable on the
command line, just like any other Make variable, so folks can still render
the book successfully on non LFS/BLFS setups.

Matt.