Glibc-2.5 build errors (limits.h etc)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 11:54:24 PST 2007

On 2/10/07, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is: Why does the package try to install something *from* a
> location that is outside its own files.  Its own files reside on, in
> this case,
>
> {/mnt/lfs}/tools/glibc-build/  and
> {/mnt/lfs}/tools/glibc-$glibc-version
>
> but it is installing *from*
>
> {/mnt/lfs}/tools/linux/
>
> What am I missing?

I think it's still up in the air since there's a lot of "magic" in the
glibc build files. However, I think that at one point it starts
looking for directories named include to install headers from. One of
the places it looks is .. (I think). In this case, ../include is the
same as /tools/include and there's a problem.

I can't confirm that, but Chris' post seems to suggest it.

--
Dan