Glibc, Bash & the vi_VN.TCVN locale

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 14 14:09:58 PST 2007

Hi folks.

Does anyone know whether the following (from chapter06/glibc.xml) is still
accurate.  At the time it was written, we were using Glibc-2.3.6 and
Bash-3.1.  We're now using Glibc-2.5 and Bash-3.2, so I have a feeling the
warning may be out of date:

"In the vi_VN.TCVN locale, bash enters an infinite loop at startup. It is
unknown whether this is a bash bug or a Glibc problem. Disable installation
of this locale in order to avoid the problem:"

If this is still an issue, does anyone know whether it has been reported to
either the Glibc or Bash maintainers?

Thanks,

Matt.