Parallelizing bootscripts [was: Make bootscripts more POSIX compliant]

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 12:30:52 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, at 07:45 Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Maybe. I'd rather have topic branches, though. Cause what would happen
> if I had an upstart experiment going in this branch and then someone
> came along and dumped a no-libc experiment in there? :-)

I like to call them development cycles.
We had some of those.
The Alphabetical one,the Udev branch and you already called another one,UTF8.
Although if you remember the latter it wasn't an official branch,but more
some kind of a "public" personal tree/book of an editor.
Alexander's.

And it's not going to be an unmaintained field that everyone can throw
in there his own experiments,without discussion first,decision by the
community and proper lead.

And yes,it maybe will take time to find and deal with the inevitable problems
that eventually will arise but; I am pretty sure -because I know that
they are some pretty sharp minds between us -that we'll find the right
synchronism (I hope so anyway :))... and finally this will offer a fresh air
and a huge aid in the project in many ways that can be counted right
now,although some are spinning round my mind.

And yes,you/we can't be really sure how this is going to work,but you/we will
never know until you/we start it,but it's better to start it instead of talking
for it and make plans and plans.
Did I say that I hate plans?