Make bootscripts more POSIX compliant

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Feb 22 04:07:16 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> I revised the echo patch with Bruce's suggestions. The other two
> patches are unchanged. If these are alright, I'll commit them to
> trunk.

I'd say 1 and 2 are fine.  3 looks OK as well, just not quite complete.  ;-)

Grepping the repo shows that the console script is the only one that
uses ERR in a trap (or ERR at all, in fact).  Looking over the console
script, it seems that all the possible failure points are covered.  So
that's all fine.

However, it appears that &> is used in more scripts than just console
and mountkernfs; mountfs has 3 instances of it, and setclock has 2.  I'd
try to get both of those scripts as well; +1 with those additions.  :-)