Testing required: SVN build segfaults on stripping chapter6

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Fri Feb 23 11:08:23 PST 2007

El Viernes, 23 de Febrero de 2007 19:39, Matthew Burgess escribió:

> If anyone can confirm the above, could you also suggest an explanation as
> to why the above two libraries are problematic?  I initially thought it was
> a problem specific to jhalfs, because of the way it executes scripts under
> /bin/bash  (therefore /lib/lib* would be in use and stripping may cause
> problems).  I think Manuel's done tests to force the stripping to be
> executed under /tools/bin/bash and had the same result though, which rules
> that explanation out.

I still think that, at least for current LFS-SVN, the issue  is
jhalfs-specific due the recent Makefile $SHELL changes.

But Matthew confirmed that while testing the updates to GCC-4.1.2 and glibc
branch_update patch, running the stripping command manually from inside the
chroot jail hangs the shell, thus maybe there is other issues involved here.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia