Various issues with the book

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:28:05 PST 2007

On 2/24/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Sábado, 24 de Febrero de 2007 12:58, Alexander E. Patrakov escribió:
>
> > Thanks. Could you please patch your local copy of the book and determine
> > via jhalfs whether it is still usable with HJL binutils, if one doesn't
> > drop m4? If not, then I really see no reason to keep it.
>
> HJL Binutils complaints about missing Bison and Flex, thus being M4 missing
> also (if it can be removed) is not worse than the current situation, IMHO.

Bison and flex depend on m4, correct? So, it's exactly the same. The
current policy is that we don't care about HJL until we need to. The
bison and flex pages are still in the repo, just not tied into
chapter05.xml.

Hmm, it looks like someone removed the old commented entries for bison
and flex in Ch.5. Oh, that was our work in alphabetical. I guess if we
ever need to get the HJL dependencies back in, the Ch. 5 order will
have to be reworked since m4 would have to move to the beginning (or
somewhere else before bison).

Did you ever find out if the diffs in cc1 were related to the m4 removal?

--
Dan