Breakage with bleeding edge host toolchains (Fedora)

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 28 10:02:58 PST 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 04:44, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> For this case, it looks like there's a couple different ways we can
> attack this. But I think we agree that this is a good thing to do.
> Let's give Matthew and anyone else to chime in.

I'd say go with the '-B' switch too.  It's being used for its intended
purpose, and the 'non-executable ld' trick won't work as Bryan pointed out.
[0] suggests it'll work on gcc-2.95.3 hosts too, so we won't be introducing
any new host requirements either.

Regards,

Matt.

[0] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-2.95.3/gcc_2.html#SEC14