Move GPM into LFS?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Jan 26 21:29:29 PST 2007

I wrote:

(I think some clarification is needed)
> 2) Make NCurses aware of GPM, but not the other way round (this is what the
> LiveCD does). This means compiling unpatched gpm, and then ncurses.

not unpatched, but with exactly the same patches as in the BLFS book.

> 3) Do nothing. In UTF-8 environments, GPM is next to useless and thus should
> not be installed at all.

It became useless in LFS SVN, because the utf8_input kernel patch is dropped
(because upstream doesn't like it). If we put this patch back, the GPM
problem will go away (but someone will start counting patches again).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov