Bootscript patches

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:24:50 PDT 2007

On 7/4/07, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > I suppose this is a little OT, but it's semi-related. Has anyone ever
> > considered adding chkconfig or a custom equivalent to our bootscripts
> > package? It would definitely make management and administration of the
> > installed scripts easier
> Considered?  Yeah.  When I was working on the LSB-v3 scripts, I had
> started on a bash version of install_initd and remove_initd, using a
> functions file that could have been sourced by other scripts should the
> need arise.  I lost scope about 3 arrays deep, while trying to keep the
> disk reads and writes at program start and exit only.  I decided that
> bash really wasn't suitable and gave up on it.

DJ, I meant to tell you that I wrote a sorta install_initd. It takes
some shortcuts by not actually calculating the dependencies and
instead using a runlevel extension for everything. But it's made my
life a lot easier since I did it. I briefly looked at chkconfig before
this.

http://gitweb.dwcab.com/?p=gado-bootscripts.git;a=blob;f=lfs/scripts/install_initd;hb=HEAD
http://gitweb.dwcab.com/?p=gado-bootscripts.git;a=blob;f=lfs/init.d/initd-functions;hb=HEAD

--