SVN-20070706: Step 5.7 Adjusting the Toolchain

Jon Fullmer jon at jonfullmer.com
Thu Jul 12 20:21:39 PDT 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 9:06 PM, Greg Schafer wrote:

> I've done ppc builds
> myself and can confirm that specs files do indeed differ per arch
> and GCC
> version. Of course, even the *name* of the dynamic linker is
> different for
> ppc.

THAT'S what I wanted to know.  Yes, I know that x86 uses "ld-linux.so.
2" and PPC uses "ld.so.1" (which is why I deliberately left the name
of the linker out of my first message; didn't want to create
excessive confusion).

But you say the the arrangement of the spec files do differ per
architecture?  Great.  That's what I didn't know.

Thanks, guys.

  - Jon