LiveCD Users

Steven hairpinblue at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 18:20:39 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:29:52 -0600, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> 2) What do you use the CD most for?

Rescue.

> 3) What are the most useful parts of the CD to you?

The shell.

> 4) What is the most annoying or useless bits of the CD?

Every time I get a new LiveCD I always have some new piece of hardware
whose module didn't make it into the kernel until the version which is
one femtoversion after the one on the LiveCD.  Every time I have a LiveCD
which covers all of my hardware there's always a dependency on a /lib/
firmware/something which the LiveCD dev could not possibly have
anticipated (without scraping the web for every possible firmware that
might be needed).  Everytime I get to the point where I have a LiveCD
which addresses all of my hardware something happens in my life to keep
me away from the project for six or ten months and I return to the first
sentence of this paragraph.

> 5) What would you change/add/improve?

I still don't know how to us iproute2 competently though I can sometimes
bumble my way into creating a useable network.  Is there a concise
tutorial?  Maybe I'll end up writing one...

> JH

The LFS team is the best!

Steven