{B,C}LFS State of Things (was Re: SVN-20070706: ...)

Steven hairpinblue at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 19:03:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:36:40 -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Or it will end up in an LFS Hint. Or we'll defer completely to CLFS.

Long live pureLFS!

When I was first introduced to CLFS it was indicated that some people
indeed anticipated that, eventually, the cross method would become The
Book.  I had a few months to look at it before the last bombshell
completely took out my base (think the first release of Red Alert).  I
didn't see anything, from a user's perspective, so extraordinarily
advanced in it that made me think that it wouldn't become The Book.

I can somewhat see how the CLFS method may be a bit harder on the devs to
maintain but, if everything does finally merge together again, then it'll
smooth itself out over time.