{B,C}LFS State of Things (was Re: SVN-20070706: ...)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 20 12:29:20 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 11:38:30AM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I think just to get started on handling multiple
> arches in LFS, we should focus on non-multilib 64 and just symlink
> /lib -> /lib64. Hopefully it doesn't bite elsewhere, but I think it's
> the fastest way to get up and running. Multilib is definitely the way
> to go, but I think it's more important to just get a 64 bit build in
> before handling the much larger case. Then again, I haven't done
> anything, so this is just speculation.

Agreed.

I believe I have the necessary changes worked through in a working copy
of the x86_64 branch I made the other day. Due to time constraints I
haven't been able to finish a full build, but I believe what is there
will work. I do plan on testing it fully before I commit any changes,
but I figured I'd show what I have and give someone else the opportunity
to build it if they like and/or look for any obvious errors.

Here's the rendered book:
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/lfs-x86_64

And here's the current diff (so you can see the changes in a glance):
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/x86_64-changes.diff

The two gcc pure64 patches come from CLFS.

--
JH