{B,C}LFS State of Things (was Re: SVN-20070706: ...)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 23 14:39:21 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:34:45PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  The pure64 patch is usually thought to be needed in chapter 6 as
> well as pass 2 ;)

The problem I ran into is that the pure64 patch (at least the one I
found that's usable for gcc-4.1.1) won't apply once the specs patch has
been applied. I think both try to make dynamic linker changes to
linux{,64}.h. So I figured I'd roll up the needed changes from the
pure64 patch into the specs patch. That way we can just apply the specs
patch in gcc-pass2 and apply the pure64 patch in final gcc.

--
JH