{B,C}LFS State of Things (was Re: SVN-20070706: ...)

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:06:03 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Besides, wouldn't your efforts be better spent getting LFS-6.3 out
> the door

Jeremy is getting a head start on a potential LFS-7.0.

I am about to cut a lfs-6.3-rc1.  Right now there are two outstanding
tickets.  One, man-pages-2.63, it pretty trivial and I'll make that
change in a few minutes.

The other, iproute2-2.6.22-070710, is something we need to discuss.  The
problem is with the packaging.  The package expands to the current
directory.  The issue is what to do.  Here is what I see as the options:

1.  Ignore the update for now.
2.  Use our own repackaged version.
3.  Add a note or other comments to to the iptables page

Both Dan and I have written to the iptables maintainer and have not
heard any response.

Opinions?

  -- Bruce