6.3 test results

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 26 15:45:41 PDT 2007

 This build isn't exactly by the book (my normal UTF-8 variations -
I want to keep this one long-term, I'll do a by-the-book build
later) but I noticed the following from my test logs -

1. coreutils has a RUN_VERY_EXPENSIVE_TESTS option - seems to guard
two 'assert' tests, I have no idea if it is worth doing and I don't
have time to look!

2. perl failed 1 test out of 930 - ext/IO/t/io_sock :
 FAILED--expected 26 tests, saw 11

 I can remember people sometimes seeing perl failures in the past,
but this is a first time for me with 5.8.8.

3. tar failed 26: incremental.  This is different from the failure
seen in unpatched 1.17, and new to me (I was building 1.18 on ppc
debian (etch) this afternoon to check if I had everything I needed
there, and that had no failures).

 Maybe these are one-offs, in which case everyone can forget about
them.  I'll try an in-place rebuild from 2.6.22.1 in the next few
days.  Meanwhile, please shout if you also see these ;-)

ĸen