Tar tests (was Re: Is 6.3 ready for release?)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jul 30 15:07:47 PDT 2007

Ken Moffat wrote:

> Tar is repeatedly failing  '26: incremental' for me, looks like a
> regression.  But nobody else has commented.

I see this intermittently. I also see 29 failing intermittently too which
I reported upstream to no response:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2007-07/msg00032.html

In fact, the upstream list has various reports of both 26 and 29 failing.
Because they appear to be intermittent failures, I believe they are
probably timing related. It's possible these tests are missing sleep
statements in key areas (there are many sleep statements within the tar
testsuite).

Regards
Greg
--