LFS-Bootscripts 20070730

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:24:16 PDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Jens Stroebel <drifter at bcsoft.de> wrote:

> as far as I can tell, everything boots flawlessly; there is one thing
> I did leave out because of local "deviation from the book": we took
> care to have our loglevel set here before that got into the
> lfs-bootscripts package, so I didn't check that it behaves like planned
> via an entry in /etc/sysconfig/console.

OK. I suppose as long as you just leave the default LOGLEVEL, you'll
have the same behavior as before and you can set it how you like.

> Everything else seems to be perfectly happy with the new boot scripts,
> including the bootscripts which derive from blfs packages (they do use
> the functions of lfs bootscripts, right?).

Yep. There is still some behavior w.r.t. PIDs and pifiles that I think
could be improved. However, it's late in the game now, and I don't
want to introduce any regressions.

--
Dan