Is 6.3 ready for release?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:34:36 PDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I put out a 6.3-rc1 a week ago and there really has been very little
> > feedback.  Is it ready for final release?
>
> Let me spin new tarballs for lfs-bootscripts and udev-config. I'll
> make an announcement on lfs-dev and ask people to test them out.

I took care of the udev rules and lfs-bootscripts. Next: glibc-2.5.1
out just in time :) There's only been one real commit (a bug fix in
printf) since the last branch_update patch, so it should be
straightforward. I ran the testsuite and still had only the single
failure in nptl/tst-cancel1. Haven't bootstrapped anything. I'm
prepping a diff now.

Give me a day or so to get that in and try to go throught Ken's
points. Then we can roll -rc2 and let it gestate a little. Sound good?

--
Dan