Preparing for 6.3 Release

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 09:21:00 PDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > Anything else?
>
> LiveCD. I simply have no possibility to fix all known bugs, so LFS 6.3 has
> to be released without the CD and should not mention it at all.

OK. I think this should be top priority because we need to figure out
a long term solution anyway. I've subscribed to the livecd list. I
tried out that snapshot you told me about, r1930. It worked fine on my
Lenovo x60 laptop. I haven't tried my G965 system yet, but will today.
Looks very nice, Alexander.

I tried linux pata. It worked 3/4 times with pata_piix. The one time
it failed was just a race to get the device up. You may want to check
out the initramfs setup that Fedora is using with David Zeuthen's
livecd-tools. The root setup seems to be fairly robust. There's some
Fedora specific stuff in there, but the main init script is pretty
nice. I haven't checked out your changes for the livecd initramfs
setup yet.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/david/livecd-tools.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=creator/mayflower

So, what are the major bugs? We can take the conversation to the
livecd list if you'd prefer.

--
Dan