Wrong cpu nodes for cpuid driver

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:34:57 PDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/12/07, Bryan Kadzban <bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 07:22:58AM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > > In the current udev rules, we have:
> > >
> > > KERNEL=="cpu[0-9]*",    NAME="cpu/%n/cpu"
> > >
> > > However, I believe these nodes should be cpu/%n/cpuid. That's what
> > > they have in the suse and debian rules:
> >
> > That's what I get for figuring the kernel-provided name was accurate.
> > ;-)

Oh, wow. I just found this upstream version of devices.txt.

http://www.lanana.org/docs/device-list/devices-2.6+.txt

Someone should go through our rules and see if there are any
discrepancies. I notice this:

 11 block	SCSI CD-ROM devices
		  0 = /dev/scd0		First SCSI CD-ROM
		  1 = /dev/scd1		Second SCSI CD-ROM

		The prefix /dev/sr (instead of /dev/scd) has been deprecated.

I also noticed that most of my devices in /dev/pts have the tape group
instead of tty. Anyone else notice this?

$ ls -l /dev/pts
total 0
crw--w---- 1 dan tty  136, 0 2007-06-12 11:32 0
crw--w---- 1 dan tape 136, 1 2007-06-12 11:20 1
crw--w---- 1 dan tape 136, 2 2007-06-12 11:32 2
crw--w---- 1 dan tape 136, 3 2007-06-12 09:34 3
crw--w---- 1 dan tape 136, 4 2007-06-12 09:08 4
$ mount | grep devpts
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=4)
$ grep -e tape -e tty /etc/group
tty:x:4:
tape:x:5:

--